2011 GOALS & EVENTS

Weight loss goal:
200lbs -COMPLETED
185lbs


RACE GOALS

Illinois Half Marathon
April 3oth COMPLETED

Barking Dog Duathlon
May 7th COMPLETED

Loveland Lake to Lake Olympic
June 25th-COMPLETED

IronGirl-Boulder
August 28th -COMPLETED

Need to add a race here... any suggestions?

FULL MARATHON ILLINOIS MARATHON 2012

More than excited about this race that goes through my hometown. My brother (athlete-supremo) and I will run our first marathon together...he of course will finish 2hrs before me! :)

Monday, July 16, 2012

Soggy Run

It feels good to do what you're supposed to do... Yesterday though there was a storm I set out to finish my 3mile run and 1/2 mile warm up walk and 1/2 mile cool down walk. It was done! Yay. I was out at the lake with a few other soggy souls. We nodded as we wipped the rain from our cheeks and eye lids. Smiles from the kids who were trying to get to a dry spot under a tree with their scooters. Struggle: my knees are suffering with this arthritis and it takes me a good mile to warm them up. My right knee especially. This is unfortunate. So muscled through the work out and I realized it is time to get this last 40lbs off. This will be the hardest part of the journey. As the song says "its about the climb" right? I've been here before, and if i want to continue this athletic life, I must do what it takes. 40lbs lighter here I come! H.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment