2011 GOALS & EVENTS

Weight loss goal:
200lbs -COMPLETED
185lbs


RACE GOALS

Illinois Half Marathon
April 3oth COMPLETED

Barking Dog Duathlon
May 7th COMPLETED

Loveland Lake to Lake Olympic
June 25th-COMPLETED

IronGirl-Boulder
August 28th -COMPLETED

Need to add a race here... any suggestions?

FULL MARATHON ILLINOIS MARATHON 2012

More than excited about this race that goes through my hometown. My brother (athlete-supremo) and I will run our first marathon together...he of course will finish 2hrs before me! :)

Friday, May 6, 2011

illinois marathon 13.1

Woke up early to head to the Assembly hall. My friend Liz met me and my brother at his house to travel to the race start.

We showed up at 630 for our 730 race start. It was a bit chilly. CJ showed me where he takes a break at work and his locker. We stored our things there and went out to a chilly race start. CJ noticed racers in garbage bags to keep warm and told me
"you should have told me about that."

CJ and I found his pace group and he joined them in the half marathon.

I started a little ways back in line.

The race course was great. it lead us through campus town and some of the historic parts of Urbana, IL. Many places I grew up going to and had fond memories of.

Urbana was very supportive, neighbors sat outside in the high wind and cheered, the attitude was great. I am very proud of my hometown and the support they provided.

Halfway through the course I saw my dad and sister in law. My dad jogged toward me to hand me my bottle of Isopure and i was off again.

At mile 10 I met up with a new friend her name is Toni, we talked and walked/ran the last few miles together.

My goal was to finish in under 3hrs. I finished in 3:00:58. Better luck next time.

As I ran to the finish I saw my brother on the side waiting for me> I gave him a high 5 and ran it in.

We met up with Staci who had come down to the Memorial Stadium to take pictures and celebrate with us.

CJ finished in 2:17:00 Also this was his 3rd race ever. The two prior races were 5k runs!!! CJ is a rock star/rocket ...his choice.

We received our 1/2 Mary finisher medals
we Received our I-Challenge medals (5k and 1/2 marathon)

Grabbed our after race food and met some famly friends for a beer!

It was a great race, and one I will remember for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment